We have added a new feature for all of you github.com users. You can now run a screenshot using a Github Webhook. Github Webhooks are POWERFUL and now in combination with CrossBrowserTesting.com you have the ability to run a Screenshot Test for your awesome website on every push to GitHub.
1. From your repository “Settings” page, select “Webhooks and services”.
2. Select “Add Webhook”
3. Set the “Payload URL” to “http://crossbrowsertesting.com/api/v3/screenshots/”
4. Set the “Content type” to “application/json”
5. Select which event that you want to trigger the Screenshot Webhook.
6. Set it to Active.
7. Finally, select “Add Webhook”.
Our Screenshots API accepts the parameters for Github Webhooks as query parameters.
Some characters may need to be URL encoded (ie. @=%40)
In addition to the Screenshots Github Webhook, we have also added “send_email” and “email_list” options.
The “send_email” option will send you an email once the Screenshot Test is finished.
You can provide an “email_list” to notify other people, otherwise the email will send to the account holder’s email address.