Log into your CrossBrowserTesting account and go to the Test Center. (Click the CrossBrowserTesting logo once inside the App)
In the Test Center, scroll down the page to the ‘Bookmarklet’ section and find the ‘CBT Bookmarklet’ button. In most browsers, you can add the bookmarklet to your favorites by dragging it to the toolbar/bookmark bar.
- Internet Explorer users: right-click the button and “add to favorites”.
- Google Chrome users: Some versions will not allow you to drag-and-drop the link. See the workaround below:
Dragging and dropping the bookmarklet in versions of Google Chrome fails to create the bookmark. This is an issue with the Chrome browser that many users are having difficulty finding a solution to. See this link: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=0a3c7a8eeccfad81&hl=en
Google doesn’t apparently have a goal date for a resolution to this issue, however there is a workaround if you want bookmarklets to work in Chrome.
- In Chrome, click Bookmarks->Bookmark Manager.
- You should see a new tab with the bookmarks and folders listed.
- Select the “Bookmarks Tab” folder on the left.
- Click the “Organize” link, then “Add Page” in the drop down.
- You should see two input fields. Type the name of the bookmark you would like (i.e., CBT Launcher) in the first field.
- Logging in lands on blank screen: The bookmarklet uses third-party cookies to check your CrossBrowserTesting.com login via the page you are testing. Check your browser’s security settings for allowing third-party cookies. You can either turn this on, or if you purposely have this off, add CrossBrowserTesting.com to your browser’s whitelist / trusted sites.