In general, any operating system with a modern browser and internet access should be able to access and use our services. That said, we officially support the following operating systems and browser combinations for accessing our web application with Live Test and Screenshot services, as well as a few recommendations.
- Latest Mac OSX or Windows with Google Chrome (we develop on Mac with Chrome)
- Use a modern browser that supports HTML5 canvas and websockets so that Live Tests can be accessed with our HTML5 client instead of Flash or Java.
- We primarily focus on desktop devices. You can use some mobile devices to access our services, like iPad or other tablet, but our apps are not optimized for touch screens and smaller resolutions at this time.
- To use a tablet device, ensure you have a browser that supports HTML5 canvas element or install a remote VNC client application.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8+, Windows Server 2003+
- Mac OSX 10.5+
- Linux (Ubuntu, Redhat, Fedora/OpenSUSE)
- Google Chrome 22+
- Firefox 30+
- Internet Explorer 10+
- Opera 12+
- Safari 6+
Additional plugins and software:
- Java JRE
- Needed only if using a Java for our Local Connection on testing internal websites, or to use the Java VNC client. We recommend using NodeJs or our Chrome Extension so this is not required.
- The latest version of Java is always recommended as new security issues can cause browsers to disable Java applets.
- Download Java
- Adobe Flash Player
- Needed if using the Flash VNC client setting and for playing video recordings of your tests.
- The latest version of Flash is always recommended, but the minimum required is version 10.2.152.
- Download Adobe Flash Player
- Desktop VNC Client
- Optional VNC method for viewing Live Test sessions on locally installed software client instead of within the browser.
- Mac OSX comes with a Screen Share application and does not require a separately installed application.
- On Windows and Linux, you will need to install a VNC client application like one of the following:
Tight VNC, Real VNC, Ultra VNC